Course Name: Introduction to Youth Work
CPD Accredited training – Ref:1011633 | 12 Credits
The purpose of the training is for adults to learn new skills, knowledge and understanding of how to engage and support young people.
To understand what is needed to enable young people to engage in informal education.
To enhance people’s confidence in working with young people in a variety of settings.
The course covers:
- Different types of youth work and settings
- Informal education and it’s the benefits
- Group dynamics, group work, and roles people play within groups
- Listening and communication skills
- The development of young people and the transition from adolescence to adulthood
- Prejudice, discrimination, and oppressive behaviour
- The role of the worker
The course consists of 12 hours. It can be delivered over two days or 4 sessions.